So I realised that I post a lot of unreachable designer gowns on my Instagram page. And while my intention in posting them is mainly for inspiration anyway, I felt that I needed to redeem myself by posting some of the most beautiful wedding dress options, all for less than $1500. These days the average cost of a wedding dress seems to be $5000 and upwards. To me, this is exorbitant. I really don’t think the average person can afford that much for a dress they’ll only wear once. Right? Right? RIGHT???!!!
Anyway, let’s get right into my favourite (affordable) dresses.
1. Tadashi Shoji- is a Genius. His gowns are beautiful, the majority have sleeves of some sort, they are all generally below $1000 and his website SHIPS WORLDWIDE. Available via http://shop.tadashishoji.com/evening-shop/evening-gowns.html
2. Runner up from Tadashi Shoji. $502 via www.neimanmarcus.com
Who says a wedding dress has to be white?
3. Carmen Marco Valvo. WOW. There is nothing more to be said here. $1343 via www.neimanmarcus.com
4. Etsy picks. First store: LUXandGLAMOR. This dress is my favourite from their collection. I’ve featured it on my Instagram before, and for a mere $1,012, it’s totally do-able.
5. Etsy Shop 2: Shop Gossamer. I recently discovered their Instagram profile and have since fallen in love with their vintage wedding gowns. Here is my favourite:
6. BCBG lace gown with built in corset for a mere $299. Link: http://www.bcbg.com/Salina-Built-In-Corset-Gown/IRG6X090-100,default,pd.html?dwvar_IRG6X090-100_color=100&cgid=dresses-by-occasion-wedding-bride#start=25
7. Ok, so it’s not the most modest dress, but with some alterations it can be. Plus at $1145, it’s much too beautiful and well-priced to pass up. via http://shop.collettedinnigan.com.au/mirabella-off-shoulder-lace-gown/
8. Love to Dress via lovesora.com. Now bear with me here. This is the cheapest dress here at just $80. And before you all complain about it being much too simple, let me paint a picture for you: Pair it with a jewelled belt, a floral appliqued veil and a bunch of peonies in a blush colour. Now do you see it? Definitely worthy of a bride. A bride who isn’t afraid to look outside the box, is economical (it can definitely be worn again) and just a little creative. Get on the lovesora website and check out the video. The dress flows beautifully.
9. My love for Rachel Gilbert’s latest collection is no secret. I’ve already posted my favourites on Instagram. Here is another one. Pair it with a soft blazer for a daring, modern look. $1250
10. Go for a skirt and top combination. Add a statement necklace to amp it up.
Top: River Island frill sleeve top via ASOS for $59.42
So there you have it. I hope that has given some of you thrifty brides some direction and convinced the rest that a beautiful wedding look is possible on a budget.