2015 proved that once again, modest dresses are here to stay. More than just long sleeves, looser, more interesting silhouettes, also broke new ground in inspiring a new modest bridal look.
Here are our favourites…
- Noon by Noor– a high low hemline with an embellished underskirt is actually pure genius.
2. Valentino- the cape was a big trend again this year, and Valentino did it best in this minimalist number.
3. Naeem Khan– this whole show was incredible, from those floral headpieces, to the statement earrings. But this dress is just exquisite.
4. Christian Siriano– inspired by Morocco, this show was not without its controversies (for me anyway), but there were a number of modest bride-worthy pieces, and this one was my favourite.
6. Suzanne Harward– Lace is still going strong, and is perfection in this dress by Suzanne Harward.
7. Valentino- is it any wonder that this collection, the white collection, was my favourite? This dress though, is actually life changing lol. So much attention to detail, and so much perfection with the high collar, the bell sleeves, the flowing skirt and all that embellishment. A girl can dream right?
8. Elie Saab– I REALLY want to see a bride wear an emerald number like this for her wedding… Why not? I’m actually at a loss for words to describe it!!!
9. Monique Lhuillier– I really like this gown because its a princess-y ball gown silhouette without the typical lace and floral embellishments. The abstract detailing is still very pretty but unique, one that would set a bride apart from the masses.
10. Odylyne the Ceremony– my stand out favourite designer of the year, Odylyne the Ceremony wowed us with the following two gowns…
12. Oscar de la Renta– only ODLR can do a traditional, classic lace gown this good. And I actually love that floral headpiece.
13. Pamela Rolland– sleek, shiny, anything but boring, this dress is stunning.
14. Houghton Bridal– Another favourite designer from this year, Houghton continually impressed us with their alternative bridal gowns, defying the current trend of mermaid, trumpet shaped, floral embellished gowns that everyone seems to love. I particularly liked this one for the panelled detail and billowing silhouette.