I have really enjoyed doing the ‘Five/Ten modest wedding dresses under $1500 (or $1000, or even $500!)’ series this year. It really goes to show that a beautiful dress IS possible on a budget. To hear that some brides are spending upwards of $5000 for a custom made gown is mind-boggling to say the least. And funnily enough, they all end up looking the same. The gowns I’ve featured are all unique, quality gowns and best of all, affordable (under $1100.00). Here are my favourites:
1. Annah Hariri: This dress is spectacular. A stunning timeless look for a fraction of the cost of a designer dress. It’s also made to your measurements ensuring that you get the best fit. The best thing about Annah Hariri designs is that you can count on them being made ethically.
2. Tadashi Shoji: My favourite designer this year, Shoji is a master at producing long sleeve dresses of the highest quality at an affordable price. I can vouch for the quality as I’ve personally ordered a dress from the label.
3. Needle and Thread: I love the beading of this dress, the soft cream palette, and the fact that it cost under $1000!
6. Needle and Thread: Another one from this label, this is on point with its floral beading in a navy colour. Honestly, the design is stunning and I’d love to see it on a daring bride!
7. Rachel Gilbert: This Australian designer creates the most beautiful evening gowns with a surprising variety of modest options. This one below is my favourite.
8. Marchesa Notte: Layers of soft champagne coloured tulle create a subtle ball gown skirt to give this dress the right amount of princess-y oomph. The gold lace panel up top adds that extra bit of special detail.
9. Carven: The ultimate minimalist dress for the modern bride. A gold belt or wrist cuffs a la Solange on her wedding day would add interest to this simple, but beautiful gown.
10. Carmen Marc Valvo: All over sequins, long sleeves and subtle draping… Perfection really.