It’s been another inspiring year in bridal gown design. Ever since sleeves for wedding dresses were ‘discovered’ and pushed along by a slew of famous people (Good ol’ Kate Middleton for example), designers have given us a plethora of sleeved options. The sleeve has proven to be more than just a trend, it is definitely here to stay.
So, here are my top ten favourite dresses of the year (in no particular order…)
1. Steven Khalil: Bridal separates done perfectly in this classic silhouette.
2.Krikor Jabotian: Beaded cape perfection in a gold hue is sheer genius. I can’t get enough of it.
3. Ersa Atelier: A dreamy tulle overlay and an intricate beaded pattern creates an ethereal gown that is simply beautiful.
4. Houghton Bridal: My favourite lace, two piece gown of the year. This dress redefines the Bohemian bride.
5. Elie Saab: High shine in the embellished details of this gown screams glamour.
6. Alice Temperley: the blush undertone of this gown combined with subtle all over beading and a floral belt is so pretty and romantic.
7. Rosa Clara: bridal separates have been huge this year, evidenced by the three on this list. This one is modern, minimalist and all kinds of stunning.
8. Jenny Packham: This beaded, tea length dress is so so so sweet.
9. Rue De Seine- Chloe Dress: Rue De Seine has made its mark this year, and this particular dress has been popping up all over the wedding world. Having seen this dress in person, I can tell you, the fuss is worth it. The lace pattern is unique, unlike any I’ve seen. The silhouette is classic. It’s basically perfect.
10. Monique Lhuillier: this last dress is just jaw dropping. Gold, beaded, long sleeved, and the tulle trailing from the shoulders! Ahhhh, a girl can dream right?