So the holiday season is upon us again, and as a reader recently requested more under this budget series, I’m giving y’all the ultimate modest evening dress edit. Also, we would love to hear more from you! If you have any suggestions, requests for what you’d like to see more of, or even questions, shoot us an email. Just go to the Contact tab to get in touch.
1. Needle and Thread Lace Embellished Maxi Dress. How stunning is this beaded creation? $400.81.
2. Tadashi Shoji Robin Gown. I like the unexpected green colour and the cape. I’d add a belt (possibly a metallic gold one) though, just to break it all up. $368.00
3. ASOS Petite (also comes in the standard size) Linear Sequin long sleeve gown. Yes it’s lots of sparkly bling bling, but I suppose that’s what the season is all about right? Also, you can’t go past the high neck, long sleeves, and (mostly) covered back. All boxes ticked! $253.14
4. Anthropologie Kraneia Maxi Dress. This one is just so humbly beautiful. Which is a thing. Totes. $409.00
5. Inayah Ammara Lace Evening gown. All that lace prettiness, with the high neck and subtle peplum is oh so Victoriana. $179.81
6. Vince Long Sleeve Drawstring Maxi. For effortlessly laid back glamour… $191.00
7. Annah Hariri Bella Occasional dress. A ball gown skirt in a printed pattern of contrasting reds and blues actually works. $421.56
8. Sass and Bide Apollo’s Reign Jumpsuit. Ok so it’s not a dress, but jumpsuits are totally ‘trending’ right now and this one is oh so glamorous. $330
9. MNG Slit long dress. Minimal in a punchy colour. $229.95
10. Ixiah Counteract Maxi Dress with Belt. A modern print on this “ticks all the boxes” dress is taken to another level with the accompanying belt. $379.95